I was over at my favorite running scrapbooking swimming minnesotan's page this morning and found out about this cool giveaway and you know, I am a sucker for lists. :)
Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
My wish is that all realize that what is most important, of the utmost value, isn't what is/isn't under the tree but who is sitting in the room with us: friends, family, strangers and loved ones. People are the true gift.
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?
We didn't have Christmas morning but Christmas Eve traditions - like each person opens a present at a time so we can all enjoy it :), the huge family meal shared with strangers at times, the Hispanic holiday music.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
I would ask for a 2011 Toyota Camry, full loaded with stuff I don't even know existed....and that Santa pay for all the taxes, registration and other paperwork. :)
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
One year my hubby and I spent Christmas Eve with my parents, grandparents and friends on their farm. Not on gift was exchanged with the exception of a fabulous home cooked meal, music and each person got up and recited a poem, sang a song, sent a message into the camera we had put up on the tripod. Awesome Christmas.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
During the holidays? None! :) We lived in apartment buildings in New York City and usually ended up playing (red light green light, tag, etc) on the floor landing. Those were the best holiday parties when all the cousins were together running, laughing, screaming. :)
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
This is a hard question to answer because we don't have any children. I had hoped to recreate all the wonderful things mom did but for now I make the appetizers mom made. Nothing takes you back like the smell of food or mom's perfume.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?
We did this for Christmas of 2006. Hawaii. We visited five islands and don't regret one moment of it, or the expense (will never get that kitchen makeover now. LOL) If I were able to do it again I would choose Italy. My ultimate dream destination.
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
Nintendo Wii Red Bundle, Kinect Fitness Bundle and Xbox!!