Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Free time + bugg

Social Experiment Day Three

Sleep, where did you go my dear beloved friend? The past few days I have been having some serious issues with both going to bed and falling asleep.

Since my sweetie has been traveling I have stayed up way past midnight each night. After some frustration and consideration, I believe it is a combination of feeling disoriented with all this free time and being alone.

I have always had an independent streak in me and love love love the idea of all this free time. I am even looking forward to it but it seems that I need a period of adjustment. I am hoping that by this weekend I have settled into it and can enjoy it much more.

There is a difference between being alone and being lonely. I have not been alone in my home for days on end in.....never. Even when we were moving to Florida and I stayed in NYC, Johanna, her son and sister were living with me. Before I got married I lived at home, before that at my college dorm. There I did have plenty of free time and loved it. How is it possible that 17 years have gone by since then? I feel like I am on a slowly winding drive to my true self. Not the young girl that came here but the true me. This weight has been a shield for me in so many ways. Bitchcakes posted something along these lines today.

What makes this all the more tragic is that I am the best sleeper you can find. I am an overachiever when it comes to sleeping to the complete disgust of my insomiac of a hubby. I can take a nap in the afternoon and still go to bed at my regular time with no issue at all. I am out cold within seconds of laying my head down.

As to the Body Bugg, I have a week wearing it and just yesterday started seriously entering my calories consumed in the system. I am pretty impressed with it. Yesterday wasn't a stellar day, by any stretch of the imagination, but I still managed to pull off a calorie deficit! I feel like I am right on the edge of falling into my groove and am looking forward to it!

No comments: