Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

View thru a window

Although I have been doing WW on and off for a while, I really haven't used their tools very effectively....actually not at all. In the past two days I had the chance to review not one but two concepts! I have been talking to my bestpal SweetCheeks about exercising and eating right. We have promised each other a celebration trip next summer for our great success this upcoming year. More on that later.

Reframing - Ms. Bitchcakes covers it very well in her blog. It is basically about changing the way we look at or think of things.

Original thought: Food today = BAD. No preparation, no time. BAD BAD BAD
Reframed: Food today = not optimal. I will make better choices for the remainder meals.

Original thought: I am afraid to be in pain.
Reframed: A little pain today means that I’ve made an effort towards my goal.

While I was on the treadmill I started to get shin splints. I only had about 15 minutes on there and the first thought in my mind was "oh, well I am done with exercise today". Then I gave myself a few seconds and reframed that thought. I jumped on the elliptical. That didn't hurt my shins and gave me a good workout. It is great to see the change in my attitude from just one week ago.

Like I told SweetCheeks I am on a really good roll since late last week. I don’t know how long this will last and when or even if this bubble with burst but I am taking her ride along with me!!

The other tool was Anchor. I don't even remember ever hearing of that tool. Must have been covered during one of my many missed meetings! Here is how Ms. Bitchcakes explains it:

Anchors are anything we use that can put us in a place mentally that help us to get re-focused. They can be physical things that we see, hear or touch that trigger a memory that remind us of our goals one of the Weight Watchers Tools for Living that I always had trouble with. Anchors are anything we use that can put us in a place mentally that help us to get re-focused. They can be physical things that we see, hear or touch that trigger a memory that remind us of our goals


Last week I started using my win of the ballroom competition. I don’t actually think about the actual moment I won but more a compilation of all the hard hard practice sessions and how I felt right before I went on that last night. I tried something different, odd, uncomfortable that made me feel wonderful at the end.

No comments: