Pages

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Abandoned but not forgotten

It appears that I am incapable of maintaining this running monologue even for a few days. I won't even lie and say that I am going to keep it up, because to be honest, you and I know that isn't going to happen.

My niece is due back from France on Monday. I am equally excited and anxious for her. I know that she has been having a great time and loving it. I also know that coming back will be bitter sweet. She will be starting an internship at an advertising agency in NYC, which is exciting but at the same time she will be leaving a place that she really loved. Paris in the summer. That just sounds right. :)

I am here keeping on, keeping on. I am reading Quantum Wellness by Kathy Freston. I find myself writing down whole portions of pages because they strike such a cord. I agree with her theory that action takes 4 steps
1. Listen and learn.
2. Set an intention.
3. Come up with a plan.
4. Make the move.

I have just started chapter two and it has a list of "eight pillars of wellness": meditation, visualization, fun activities, conscious eating, exercise, self-work, spiritual practice and service. So, about two nights ago before drifting off to sleep I tried visualization. The only little insy bitsy hiccup is that I hadn't read that section and didn't really know how to proceed. So I did what I thought it was. I tried to visualize myself in the body that I deserve and desire. Easy right? Nope - hit a wall. I kept on seeing myself as I once was, not as I will look. There is a huge difference. Last time I looked that way I wanted I was 17 years old. Okay people, I am never going to look that way again because I can't be 17. But I can be an extremely fit, slim, curvy 34 year old. Just can't visual it yet.

That is my homework for the weekend - visualize myself there.

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: