Pages

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Easily influenced...or not

The other day I saw a twitter from Jillian Michaels asking what gets/keeps you motivated. Once I am in the right frame of mind to start doing something about my weight issues what keeps me going is look at others that have been successful. I think this goes way to back to when I was a kid. My mom would tell us that we need to look at the traits and habits of successful people and try to emulate them. Our chances of succeding would be much higher. Anyhoo - successful people and gadgets really get me going. :) I love my heart rate monitor and my pedometer. I enjoy reading the results, tracking the information, comparing one day to another. It might not be for everyone but it defnintely motivates me.

Little known fact is that I don't know how to ride a bike. Yes, I know - where did I live, in cave? How is to possible? Well, my mom was tad overprotective with her third child, moi, and I didn't get to experience all childhood activities like my brother and sister. A few years ago hubby taught me while we were visiting his sister in SC. For a brief moment in time I was able to pedal, sit straight up and balance. Whoo-hoo! Fast-forward sixish years....I don't know how to ride a bike. I have been afraid to invest in one and have it become yet another clothes rack.

For the past few months I started toying the idea of getting an adult tricycle. Listen, the idea is to get moving and I will admit that I am very afraid of getting yet another broken foot bone (long post for another day) or ankle. I also I am terriblely lucky that I don't have one shy bone or this-is-too-embarrassing gene. My hubby says he won't be seen with me. Little does he know that that may be a motivating factor to get it. LOL

This is the model that I found online:
trike

If I can get the guts up and learn how to ride a regular bike I like this one. Although when I saw it at Walmart it was in the prettiest teal color. I really like the retro-cruiser bike look.
bike

I am definitely getting influenced by Ms. Bitchcakes. Makes me want to a) buy a bike and b) move back to NYC.

Week Recap:
* down 1.5lbs this week!!
* I had a binge moment last night but I journaled it anyway. Go me!
* I journaled the whole week. Whoo-hoo!
WW_week2

* I got my workout four days: Wednesday, Thursday, Monday and Tuesday AND did weights the last two days. On Monday I realized that I hadn't packed a towel but I wasn't going to let that stop me! I went ahead and toweled off with an extra set of cotton workout pants. :)
IMG00462-20100803-1254
I love how you can see the sweat in this pic. My arms were glistening too. Love it! (I really need to pick a better mirror cause the mirror crease goes right down the crack of my butt!)

* I have packed my lunch 4 days straight, including my version of the super salad. Love it!! Forgot to take a picture but I will take one tomorrow.
IMG00457-20100801-1806

* I have pre-journaled my food and that has really helped me plan what I was going to do.
* I have been more active walking, cleaning, running errands.

I dropped off my mom and Edili at the airport on Saturday night!
Miss you!!

IMG00455-20100731-2254

IMG00451-20100731-2139

No comments: