Thursday, April 14, 2011

A day in the week

This week was very active social week - dinners, get-togethers, catching up with old friends.

*I* am a social butterfly.
Yup.
Give me cocktail parties.
Give me twitter.
Give me facebook.
I love to socialize.

Read that all again and then please explain why I have been avoiding meeting up with my two besties this week? At first I though it was just life getting in the way and then I figured out that no, it was me getting in the way.

I think I most eloquently explained it this morning. I love them. I adore them. Over the past two months they have both made huge strides in their lives. I have taken action but am in-the-same-damn-place as I was when we last got together. This isn't their fault but I couldn't deal with what I envisioned the conversation to be. What a freaking baby I am. Urgh. Yuck. I am so over myself.

~~~~~~~~~~
On another note, I am reading two books that I am loving right now. Quick, Before the Music Stops: How Ballroom Dancing Saved My Life and Unlimited.

I am leaving tomorrow to SC for my sweet friend Amanda's baby shower. I am looking forward to spending time with her this weekend!

No comments: